Setting up OLPC on an Intel MacBook Pro
Setting Up Emulated Environment
This section details how I set up the OLPC image on my MacBook Pro. This was done to properly try out the environment, in hopes of writing applications.
The following DID NOT work. Skip it.
After this, decided to try a different route.
The following DID work.
After booting, the network isn't up. This fixed it:
- Ctrl-Alt-Fn-F2 to get to a console/login window
- Log in as root (no password)
- I couldn't get dhcpd to work, so I manually used ifconfig (ifconfig eth0 10.10.10.71 netmask 255.255.255.0), route (route add default gw 10.1.1.1), and /etc/resolv.conf (copying the two nameserver entries from my OS X /etc/resolv.conf into the OLPC's /etc/resolv.conf)
- exit the shell
- ctrl-alt-fn-F3 to return to OLPC GUI
...still learning this...
OS X Build Environment
...figuring this out...
- sudo fink install pygtk
- Select defaults for all questions
- Select "Y" to continue
- Wait a really long time
...didn't work... Kubuntu Feisty under Parallels: